Club Shadowlands (Masters of the Shadowlands, #1) - Cherise Sinclair
2.5. There wasn't really any romantic element to this. The pacing was ridiculous. She went from freaking out about anyone else seeing any part of her naked to doing a full on scene, completely nude, in front of the entire club in one night. The characters were ridiculous, but not as ridiculous as other characters of this genre. I liked some of the strength Jessica exhibited, even if she wasn't smart enough to do basic things like read a piece of paper before signing it, for one. Overall I liked Master Z. But the most ridiculous, over the top element was his power. I didn't really understand what it was. It was like some weird amalgamation of mind reader and empath. What was the point of him having it? No supernatural element was needed in this story and it didn't go anywhere other than to make him 'the most intuitive Dom ever.' (And, honestly, with this and other elements of this book considering, I had to look at the publication date and publisher to make sure this wasn't another Twilight BDSM fan fiction.)