The Doctor's Surprise Family (Silhouette Special Edition, #1974) - Mary J. Forbes
My thoughts on this book can be summed up with why and how."I love you!"Me: How?"I love you!"Me: Seriously, HOW?"This can't work, I'm leaving."Me: But WHY? Maybe talk to someone!"This moment changes everything, we can be happy!"Me: Wait, what, WHY?!? Why this one and not... sigh. Never mind.[Not about the Hero:]"He's a good man.""He's a good man!"Me: OMFG, HOW?! Even if you think the one thing he did didn't change that, the other thing definitely does! GAH.Odd side note: The amount of food they wasted in this book was really annoying to me. They would take maybe a couple of bites, get into a serious conversation, and then end up throwing it away. I think I noticed it because a subplot was that the Heroine was having financial issues and yet they'd all waste food every. Single. Meal. If you're having money issues, stop throwing out full meals!It's too bad. This was a story with a lot of potential. I liked that they were suffering from actual problems and that the hero was actually scarred and damaged instead of some ridiculous situation that doesn't seems all that bad. But the huge balls dropped in storytelling and everything being wrapped up just so saccharine-sweet brought down the story a lot for me. 2.5 stars.