In the Bleak Midwinter (Rev. Clare Fergusson, #1) - Julia Spencer-Fleming Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone  - J.K. Rowling Married With Zombies - Jesse Petersen The Informationist - Taylor Stevens A Lot like Love - Julie James

Day 03: Your favorite series.

I'm going with the series that excited me the most. That I enjoyed reading immensely or had/have me on pins and needles waiting for the next book.

In the Bleak Midwinter (Rev. Clare Fergusson, #1) - Julia Spencer-Fleming

I love this series so much. Great writing and stories with amazing characters I love. Two of the seven books currently out I've given five stars: The first book and the fifth book, which has so much perfect angst it kills me every time. The eighth book is out in November and I can't wait. Unfortunately, I believe she is moving the story away from Russ and Clare soon. I can understand why but I don't like it. The seventh book would have been five stars, too, had Fleming not skipped over some really important scenes with Russ and Clare for the other couple. Here is my rare gushy review for the first book.

Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone (Book 1) - J.K. Rowling

I mean . . . I don't actually think anyone needs me to explain why this is one of my favorite series ever. The Prisoner of Azkaban will probably always be one of my favorite books of all time.

Married with Zombies (Living with the Dead, Book 1) - Jesse Petersen

I'm a slow-ass reader. Like, super slow. It takes me days to read novellas. But I've read two of the books in this series in one day. That's unprecedented. It's a comedic take on the zombie apocalypse as catalyst for a marital reconciliation that works. Of course it gets serious, as you can't be funny while people are dying. There are also several story elements that are completely ridiculous. Some people may not be able to get past that, but the fun elements and characters kept me hooked throughout. I haven't read the last book yet, but I've bought it and it's coming up soon in my TBR.

The Informationist: A Vanessa Michael Munroe Novel (Vanessa Michael Munroe Novels) - Taylor Stevens

The book that got me addicted to romances. This is not a romance, it's a thriller. But I read it while studying for the bar, when my emotions were screwed to hell. There is something that happens that, even though I saw it coming, screwed me up for weeks. I decided that for the rest of bar study I'd only read romances (and and I couldn't stop). I needed that guaranteed HEA. This series keeps me hooked with a complicated, kickass female protagonist. She has been through hell in her life and while most of what she does is helping people she is dangerous and violent. Her abilities can definitely be over-the-top, But hey, we don't question it when it's male characters. I really like her and the people who surround her. The stories are enthralling, although fair warning: every single book is triggery as all hell. Stevens does not pull punches.

A Lot Like Love (Berkley Sensation) - Julie James

I hesitate to add this series. It is probably my favorite romance series. However, for reasons I outline in this blog post on Love in the Margins, I will likely not continue reading past the fourth book. Which is a fact that absolutely kills me as James writes such fleshed out, realistic characters. Both her heroines and heroes are witty, intelligent and sexy. When her characters fall in love you believe it. They have actual relationships. They talk to each other, they work through problems. The books are a joy to read (aside from my seething jealously of the US Attorneys what the issue that will stop me from reading the series). I linked the second book above because that is my favorite of the series. I've read it twice and can see myself reading it again. Here are my reviews of the first, second, and third book.