The Catcher in the Rye - J.D. Salinger Life As We Knew It - Susan Beth Pfeffer Breaking Dawn - Stephenie Meyer

Day 29: A book everyone hated but you liked.

I don't really have anything that fits this prompt. I have a ton in the reverse though, books people loved that I hated. So I'm going with ones that very, very loosely fit here.

The Catcher in the Rye - J. D. Salinger

I only read this in high school so maybe if I reread it now I would feel the same way about it as other people who are reading and reviewing it now, as adults. Until I do, I have fond memories of reading and enjoying this book for school the summer before 12th grade.

Life As We Knew It - Susan Beth Pfeffer

I've seen a lot of people say this is too slow and boring. I actually thought the pacing made sense for the story. I liked the characters for the most part. It's YA and told from the POV if a teenager through her diary so I liked her as much as I could with that being the case. And for the most part I was able to get over the silliness of an asteroid knocking the moon out of orbit. It's ridiculous but I didn't focus on it. Though that is what made me want to read The Age of Miracles. Too bad that one failed too.

Breaking Dawn - Stephenie Meyer

I think we all know I hated this book. The entire series is fucking terrible. But, while people were raging about this thing, I was tempted to give it two stars simply because it was fucking hilarious. People were so mad about it and I was cackling so hard at it I almost fell off the bed a few times. Pretty much everything until "Lil Nudger" had me rolling. Telling Charlie! 'How do people get naked in front of people?!' 'I bit in the pillows.' Feathers! Breaking bed! Ten! Pages! Wangsting! About! Bruises! Bella verging on nympho while Edward runs away from her! Edward going catatonic at Bella being pregnant! I WAS DYING. Then there was stuff like the blood in a sippy cup. It really went downhill at the Jacob POV change. It got kind of hilarious again when it went back to Bella's POV but then it got drawn out and boring. It's just that in the end the stuff that made me ragey and made the story stupid as hell outweighed all the hilarious parts.

See, I said they very loosely fit.