The Sum of All Kisses (Smythe-Smith Quartet #3) - Rosalyn Landor, Julia Quinn

This book wasn't bad. Aside from the hero taking all the blame on himself for the past when it wasn't all his fault, especially what injured him. And aside from the heroine's 'all about me' response to something that had nothing to do with her (and saved someone she loved, by the way). The only thing that really bothered me about this book was the wholly unnecessary last chapter that was included for the sole purpose of inserting a sex scene. It didn't occur naturally within the story and was added onto the end for . . . some reason. Romance authors: NOT EVERY ROMANCE NOVEL REQUIRES A SEX SCENE. I PROMISE.

The genre's focus on sex (increasingly graphic and crude sex at that) has become quite tiresome.

Other than the above, what I really enjoyed was the hero and heroine growing closer to each other and their banter. There was a great foundation for a relationship between them.

This was an audiobook and not one of the more tolerable narrators. Her voice seemed strained. Like her accent was fake. The female voices she did were good, but the male voices could be rather cringe-inducing.